You may find the following links useful:-
- Toukley Cycle Club
- NSW Central Coast Cycling Guide: 20 rides you can do around the beautiful NSW Central Coast.
Includes lakeside bike path, mountain, and cultural rides.
- Cycleways in Gosford for lots of information about cycling in Gosford Shire.
- RTA Cycleways maps to download RTA cycleway maps for the Central Coast, Sydney and Newcastle.
- Is a Helmet Worth It? reasons to wear a helmet
- Central Coast Tourism for loads of stuff about what you can see and do on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW, Australia.
- CityRail: for train timetables to and from the Central Coast. Remember to check for trackwork, particularly if travelling at weekends.
- Palm Beach Ferries: for ferry information between Palm Beach and Ettalong.
- Central Coast Ferries: for ferry information between Woy Woy and the eastern side of Brisbane Water.
- Bicycle NSW: for loads of information about cycling in New South Wales
- Push-On for details of other rides throughout NSW that you can join.
- Cycling Promotion Fund for cycling advocacy information.
- Cycling Resource Centre for even cycling advocacy information.
- Erina Rotary Club are strong supporters of cycling on the Central Coast and run the Century Challenge each year.
- Veterans & Retirees "Healthy Cycling Club" for fitness, friendship and fun. An over 50s group for bicycle and tricycle riders. Ride only on Central Coast Council cycle tracks. Contact Sid (4367 7450) or Jahne (4392 0233).
For the technically minded ...
- Sheldon Brown for masses of technical information on bicycle technology.
- Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute. An extensive site with masses of detail on just about everything you need to know about cycle helmets and a bit more. If you want to know how complex helmets are, start here!
- The Science of Cycling for those interested in the fascinating mathematics and science of how a bike actually works. More complicated than you think!
- Bicycle Mechanics. A link to work done at Cornell University on the simple subject of how a bicycle stays up and steers. Includes a fascinating video of their self-steering bicycle. Very mathematical.